2.3 Official Release Bugs

Home Forums General Report a Bug 2.3 Official Release Bugs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tornado
    Participant

Firstly, let me congratulate you on a great new release. I see lots of my suggestions added into this release, thank you. Having said that, I would now like to provide feedback starting with the bugs and problems I’ve found.

– By typing ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:21 into the web browser and immediately having the username/password dialog appearing shows a message into the notification area of “Anonymous Logged In” ….. when clearly the anonymous user wasn’t allowed access and thus isn’t logged in. Anonymous attempted to log in but failed. Same when other users are denied access. Following is a guideline of what should be said:-

User connects – “New connection established from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

User connects and password failed – “Password failed for ‘test’ from xxx

User connects and password succeeds – “User logged in successfully from xxx”

etc

Basically the notification area is a great start, but needs improvement.

– “CTRL A” in the Messages textbox within the Server Manager doesn’t work. Often I find it easy to select textbox, CTRL A and press delete to remove contents.

– Just received a “PASV Command Failed: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.” which is fine …. but the extra square characters at the end are still showing in this release. You previously mentioned that you need to filter this out.

– Help –> About …. shows “after 30 days” wrapping onto the next line and is half chopped off on the bottom.

– Help –> About …. also shows “All rights” at the top ….. is this suppose to be “All rights reserved” ?

– Configuration –> Setup Wizard ….. Single click on “Personal Use” and immediately both radio buttons are selected

– Missing status bar information when the mouse hovers over “”Setup Wizard” in the Configuration menu

– Missing status bar information when the mouse hovers over “”Purchase” in the Help menu

imported_Serin
    Participant

Thanks for the bug report. I can’t believe I let those dialog box problems slip through. That’s what I get for making a quick font update to all of the dialog boxes right before release. Not sure how it messed up the “Getting Started Wizard” though.

I will release a minor update to address most of these problems tonight.

The “Getting Started Wizard” radio bug has to be fixed immediately.

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Cart

Shopping Cart