I currently running Win2K pro SP4 with CerberusFTP 2.1 installed as a service. I hate to be picky, however whenever I reboot the computer, everytime the Manager menu pops up and I have to manually close it. This is despite having the option “Hide Manager at Startup” enabled. I wrote Grant about this a long time ago. He stated he was aware of the error. Any progress thus far in fixing this problem??
This bug is known and appears to be fixed in the upcoming version of Cerberus FTP Server. Once regression testing is finished, I will be releasing BETA 2.11. No promises, but it should be ready for release sometime in the next 2 weeks.
As a possible short term fix:
1. Log into the PC with Cerberus installed and started as a service.
2. Open the Server Manager and select the ‘Hide at Startup’ option.
3. Press ‘OK’ to commit the change.
4. Select the ‘Shutdown and Exit’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
5. Restart Cerberus FTP Server.
This appears to fix the problem by forcing the change to be made to the current user’s registry settings.