Folder Monitor

General help on how to use Cerberus. Questions on how a particular feature works, how to use feature x with feature y... Please read the "How to use this forum" article before posting.
kconner

Folder Monitor

Post by kconner » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello all,

We are currently looking to test and implement a Folder Monitor to delete stale files that have been uploaded by our clients. However we believe the file/folder structure of our client repository may be a limiting factor for this configuration. Essentially we have the following folder layout currently:

Customers ->
Client Abbreviation ->
Customer Downloads
Implementation
Customer Upload

Now... As you can imagine there a many "Client Abbreviation" folders (about 400 to be exact) for each client. Then within that we have the downloads, implementation and customer upload folders. What we would like to do is have the Folder Monitor check all of the "Customer Upload" folders and then delete files within that are older than 30 days.

Please let me know if that will be something that is feasible for us in some way with the Folder Monitor.

Thank you.

pacman
Senior User

Re: Folder Monitor

Post by pacman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm

That's an interesting problem. 400+ folder monitors wouldn't be practical, or efficient, but I think a folder monitor that runs once a day and uses a regular expression to match your files might work.

You could setup the folder monitor on the parent folder for your customers and have the regular expression filter out file paths that only match "\Customer Upload\". The hard part would be figuring out the regular expression, although a little research and our regular expression tester in the Folder Monitor should help.

kconner

Re: Folder Monitor

Post by kconner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Perfect. I will play around with the regular expression!

Thank you.