Setup Wizard

Additional features you would like to see added, changed, or removed. This forum isn't just for the Cerberus FTP Server application. Feel free to post suggestions for anything related to Cerberus (the website, this forum, ect.)
Tornado
Senior User

Setup Wizard

Post by Tornado » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:50 am

Rethinking the Setup Wizard and here are my thoughts:-

When the program is first installed, Cerberus FTP Server should initiate the current 3 stage Setup Wizard, however, after installation .... Cerberus FTP Server should provide each of the 3 screens seperately (ie, without the next button involved or any dependancy.

At present, to change the license type, I am forced to also complete the initial user and WAN config screens .... annoying. Not to mention that I have to constantly delete the "c:\ftproot" folder which is the default set by the wizard. If I currently complete screen 1, move to screen 3 and click 'Finish', I will have the "anonymous" user created .... increased security risk if the user account is being created without any notice and/or without need for it.

IDEA: Move the License Type screen to a menu item called "License Type" under the help menu. Also enable the currently selected License type to be displayed in the title bar or somewhere noticable. If I select "Personal Use" then I have no way of checking this setting at present.

IDEA: Move the "User Creation" screen to the "configuration" menu and name it "User Creation Wizard"

IDEA: Move the WAN detection to an option in "Server Manager"