Gateway/Proxy for a DMZ/production architecture?

Additional features you would like to see added, changed, or removed. This forum isn't just for the Cerberus FTP Server application. Feel free to post suggestions for anything related to Cerberus (the website, this forum, ect.)
a_cerberus_user
User

Gateway/Proxy for a DMZ/production architecture?

Post by a_cerberus_user » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello,

Currently we are looking to tighten security on our network, which means we need to move our SFTP server from the DMZ domain to our secure production domain.

Is one of the following possible:
> Build a Gateway/proxy add-on so that the data won't be considered 'at rest' in the DMZ?
I can suggest a comparable product but am not sure if this is allowed in the forums. :)
> Recommend a Windows compatible third party software solution that can integrate with Cerberus?

Again, really like the product. 8)

Serin
Site Administrator

Re: Gateway/Proxy for a DMZ/production architecture?

Post by Serin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 am

Hello,

I know what you mean when you are asking for a Gateway/proxy add-on so that the data won't be considered 'at rest' in the DMZ.

We don't currently have anything like that but I'm starting to work on some designs for how we could accomplish it. I can't recommend a third party solution because we honestly haven't tested any with Cerberus. If you happen to come across one that you can integrate with Cerberus, then feel free to recommend it here.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but you have got me thinking about developing something.

a_cerberus_user
User

Post by a_cerberus_user » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks Serin!

a_cerberus_user
User

Post by a_cerberus_user » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Just pinging to see if there was any update, as our network config project is getting closer on our radar. Thanks.

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry, but we haven't made any progress towards this. It would be a nice feature, but we're a bit overloaded on feature requests and I'm not sure when we will be able to consider something like this.

a_cerberus_user
User

Post by a_cerberus_user » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 am

That's understandable. Thanks for the update. :)

alaskan
New User

Post by alaskan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Well since this doesn't exist yet as a feature, unfortunately, can someone recommend a way to put something like this in place with Cerberus? I would really prefer to use Cerberus but having it sit in a dmz OR putting it in the domain as domain joined and forwarding ports seems very security risky.

And if I might ask how do most folks setup Cerberus? Do you just install it to a domain joined computer and then forward the port from your firewall?
Put it in a dmz and somehow get the files from it to your domain computers with some other product or just have a domain joined computer in your dmz?
Both of these seem to be to much of a security risk for us and i'm just trying to understand how folks are using the product.

Thanks in advance......

alaskan
New User

Post by alaskan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:06 pm

So is this still something that isnt going to happen anytime soon or might we see this in release version 8?
The gateway is a HUGE HUGE thing for us... I've asked what others use and no one has responded so im wondering if folks are just putting cerberus on a domain joined system and sticking it out on the internet?

jordanautomations
New User

Post by jordanautomations » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had any success with a proxy in front of cerberus? I've been tasked with implementing this type architecture and hoping to be able to find a solution that doesn't involve replacing cerberus.

kaluaabyss
New User

Post by kaluaabyss » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 pm

jordanautomations wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had any success with a proxy in front of cerberus? I've been tasked with implementing this type architecture and hoping to be able to find a solution that doesn't involve replacing cerberus.
I've configured a Citrix ADC as a reverse proxy for HTTPS and SFTP connections. It works fine except that I don't currently have a way for the IP Manager to understand the source IP of SFTP connections. HTTPS handles this with a header (X-Forwarded-For).

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=11519#p11519

pacman
Senior User

Post by pacman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Please visit here for our new forums: bit.ly/CFTPCommunity