Public Share password settings

Additional features you would like to see added, changed, or removed. This forum isn't just for the Cerberus FTP Server application. Feel free to post suggestions for anything related to Cerberus (the website, this forum, ect.)
Piet Vanbeckbergen
New User

Public Share password settings

Post by Piet Vanbeckbergen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:33 am

Hi,

Is it possible to change the password requirements for public shares, like minimum number of characters for instance? If not, would that be a valid addition for future release? Also, whenever someone shares a file or folder, an option to auto generate the passwords within the defined requirements would be very useful.

Thanks for your reply!

pacman
Senior User

Re: Public Share password settings

Post by pacman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Seems like a good ideal. I will pass this along to our development team for consideration for a feature request.

Piet Vanbeckbergen
New User

Post by Piet Vanbeckbergen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi Pacman,

is there any update on this? Because of the lack of password complexity settings, the Cerberus application is actually in conflict with our company security policy. Worst case scenario, we would at some point need to replace it with another software that does provide this functionality. :cry:

pacman
Senior User

Post by pacman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:06 pm

It looks like this will be included in version 9.0

I don't have a release date at this time but i'm pretty confidence you will see it before the end of the year.

Piet Vanbeckbergen
New User

Post by Piet Vanbeckbergen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 am

Hello,

any more news about the planning of version 9, and if it will include share password settings like auto generate and complexity requirements?

Best regards and best wishes for 2017!