Command line switches and a client-only install

Additional features you would like to see added, changed, or removed. This forum isn't just for the Cerberus FTP Server application. Feel free to post suggestions for anything related to Cerberus (the website, this forum, ect.)
tom.guyatt

Command line switches and a client-only install

Post by tom.guyatt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 am

Hi,

I've got a situation where I have a single Cerberus server, but I'd like to be able to connect to it using the Cerberus GUI from other servers. I could use the web interface instead, but the client is much faster.

There doesn't seem to be a way to install the client without installing the whole server, have I missed something or is this a current limitation? I also found another post from 2005 regarding command line switches which was unanswered, and I can't find reference to command line switches in documentation. It would be useful to be able to fire up the client from DOS and pass it a server address and port at the same time.

Are either of these available now? If not, it'd be useful to know if they're on the roadmap at all. If this is a dead end I shall just stick with the web interface.

Cheers

Tom