Systray Icon Changing Colors When Users Logon

Additional features you would like to see added, changed, or removed. This forum isn't just for the Cerberus FTP Server application. Feel free to post suggestions for anything related to Cerberus (the website, this forum, ect.)
vinyl-junkie
New User

Systray Icon Changing Colors When Users Logon

Post by vinyl-junkie » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:17 pm

I used to have another FTP server software where the icon in the system tray would change colors when someone was trying to logon and would stay that color until everyone logged off, at which time it would go back to the original color. I would like to see Cerberus have the same feature.

Thanks in advance for giving this some consideration. :idea:
Music Around The World - Collecting tips,
trade and want lists, album reviews, & more
Showcase your music collection on the Web

Marco024

Post by Marco024 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:23 am

Good idea.

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:42 pm

Check out the new BETA version. The icon changes when someone logs in and reverts to normal when no one is logged in.

Tornado
Senior User

Post by Tornado » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:18 am

This is a nice feature and congrats on bringing it into the program, however, the icon change isn't easily noticable when compared to something like a complete red to green icon colour change.

An area which is easily noticable is your office/online (red/green) icon found in the status bar.

Something more noticable would improve it lots.
Last edited by Tornado on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:41 pm

Yeah, definitely just a first cut. I hope to improve the contrast in the next release or so. I'm also considering adding an "option" to allow AIM-like pop-ups when a user logs in. And probably sounds notification too. These would be a configurable options, of course.

dr-fox

Changeable icons

Post by dr-fox » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:14 pm

I have a suggestion.

Hey may i suggest that you make an area to allow the user to select thier own icons for notifications in the system tray and add someone's of your own. It will allow some customization by users. I know i would like it. ofcourse keep the normal state system icon as your own!!!! i really like it though i haven't figured out what it is exactly yet.

dr-fox