Upload resume won't work if wireless disconnected abruptly

Think you've found a bug? Post a description here.

Moderator: Serin

flyhigh

Upload resume won't work if wireless disconnected abruptly

Post by flyhigh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:18 am

First of all, thank you for the great software.
I'm using SmartFTP client to upload large files.
Upload resume works under normal situation. For example, resume works after pause or stop. It also works if I close SmartFTP client while uploading, then run the software again....etc.

Upload resume won't work under the following situation -
I was using laptop to upload files through wireless.
Sometimes, wireless signal was weak and disconnected abruptly. Upload can not be resumed afterwards.
More worse, the incomplete file was locked by Cerberus FTP server and can not be killed until I go home to exit the Cerberus FTP server.

It bothers me when I was traveling.
Does anyone has a solution? Thanks.

Nightshade1978

same thing here

Post by Nightshade1978 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:26 am

Hi,

good to know that I'm not the only person with this issue. In my case it was the provider-enforced disconnect (every 24h for ADSL connections) that interrupted my connection. Otherwise, the same thing: Cerberus 2.40 (final) as server and uploading done with the SmartFTP client.

I also tried different Clients, so this is definitely a server issue. The funny thing is that you can rename the file over FTP, but you cannot continue the upload. After shutting down the Server Process and restarting it, continuing works without a problem (no wonder, the open file handle is gone now).

As this bug is extremely annoying: When is a fix going to be released for this issue? I wouldn't mind using a beta oder developer version...

Thanks in advance for any kind of help...

Nightshade1978

More details on this...

Post by Nightshade1978 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi,

[I've done some further testing. Not only that you cannot continue the upload of the interrupted file, the server won't accept other files as well. The Upload will start but not finish, the resulting uploaded file is 2KB in size in most cases, in some cases 76KB, but never more than that. Quite strange...]

Okay, cut that out of your minds again, that was some other stupid reason... One should make sure the user disk quota is not already reached!

However, the initial problem definitely remains...