Single click twice quickly opens nonexistent folder

Think you've found a bug? Post a description here.

Moderator: Serin

Steve.H
User

Single click twice quickly opens nonexistent folder

Post by Steve.H » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:27 pm

We had an agency send us a screen shot of an error that I have been able to duplicate a couple different ways.

1) The accidental way, and the way I think they did it was by creating a folder, then single click twice quickly* on it to open it. You will get a page where the address shows you are in one depth of the file, but it shows up twice in the breadcrumb trail in the middle of the page.

So the Address is: "file/d/MyNewFolder/"
And the breadcrumb: "root > MyNewFolder > MyNewFolder"

The log shows an error form the erroneous twice over single click:
Unable to find directory 'Q:\MyRoot\MyNewFolder\MyNewFolder\*' : The system cannot find the path specified.

If I try to upload to this folder, I get an error
Unable to open file 'Q:\MyRoot\MyNewFolder\MyNewFolder\119 SQL Code Smells.pdf' for upload: The system cannot find the path specified.

*Single click twice quickly is different from double click. A double click is fast enough that windows sees it was one distinct event. Clicking twice quickly is just slightly slower than a double click, but seems to send the “Go into this folder” command twice in succession. An even slightly slower click twice results in just opening the folder. There is definitely a sweet spot for the speed of the “twice quickly but not double” click.

2) The "I'm trying to screw with your system" way, is if you create a folder, go into it, then type other random things into the address, it tries to go into that folder you type.
So I type into the address bar: "file/d/MyNewFolder/bingo/dragon/albino/"
And now my breadcrumb shows: "root > MyNewFolder > bingo > dragon > albino"

This does generate the error below in the log but doesn't note on the screen that a problem exists, until I try to upload.
Unable to find directory 'Q:\MyRoot\MyNewFolder\bingo\dragon\albino\*' : The system cannot find the path specified.

Steve.