Need Help Setting up our FTP server..Thanks

This forum is for anyone experiencing problems related to their firewall settings. More specifically, anyone experiecing connection issues should take a look at this forum.
manipha

Need Help Setting up our FTP server..Thanks

Post by manipha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 am

Hi,

I'm quite new in setting up an FTP server so please bear with me if I I'm using the incorrect terms.

I'm trying to setup my FTP server with a static IP address and I'm using a Linksys router. It seems that computers connected locally could access the shared folders/files on my FTP server but external users could not connect to my FTP server.

Port forwarding(21) is enabled on my router, no firewalls enabled on my computer(winxp), no filtering on the router. And I noticed that external users could not ping my static IP address but the computers connected locally can connect to the internet.

I'm obviously missing out a setting here, either on the router or on the FTP server. Please enlighten me on what settings to check. Thank you so much.

mdj

Re: Need Help Setting up our FTP server..Thanks

Post by mdj » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Any trace in the log at all from external users trying to log in? Triple check the port forwarding! It is usually where things go wrong. Do you port forwarding for other things that work?
Morten Due Jørgensen
http://www.mdjnet.dk

manipha

Post by manipha » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 am

Yes, triple-quadruple checked the port forwarding of the router. Still no luck.

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:19 pm

Do you see anything in the Cerberus log when an external user tries to connect?