Invalid User

This forum is for anyone experiencing problems related to their firewall settings. More specifically, anyone experiecing connection issues should take a look at this forum.
Dispenser

Invalid User

Post by Dispenser » Wed May 12, 2004 4:20 pm

So, I'm having a problem. Anyone outside of my LAN can connect to my FTP Server fine. First, i had to use port forwarding to get anyone outside to connect. However, when i try to access my public IP from within my LAN, I get the following messages

220 FTP Server Ready
530 Invalid User

(I am loging in as anonymous)

Any ideas as to what could be happening? Thanks for your help!

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Thu May 13, 2004 12:46 am

You aren't running the default windows FTP server are you?

Dispenser

Post by Dispenser » Fri May 14, 2004 9:01 pm

Good idea, but I don't think so. I don't have IIS installed right now, and I don't see anything about it in my services. Is there something else that I might have to consider using my Speedstream 5200 with the newest firmware update?

Dispenser

Post by Dispenser » Sat May 15, 2004 12:38 am

So, i actually decided to uninstall Cerberus (just as a test), and installed IIS instead. So, im still having the same problem where i can connect to ftp://localhost and http://localhost, but when i use my actual IP, i get requests for usernames and passwords... Anonymous is not accepted. I really think this is just something with my router, but im not sure what exactly i have to change. Does anyone else use this router?

Dispenser

Post by Dispenser » Sun May 16, 2004 3:24 am

So, I got an awesome answer to my question... Check it out!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark, ... =equip,eff

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Sun May 16, 2004 11:31 pm

Great! Glad to hear you found your answer.