2.4 Beta 3 Bugs

Think you've found a bug in a BETA version of Cerberus FTP Server? Post a description here.
Tornado
Senior User

2.4 Beta 3 Bugs

Post by Tornado » Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 am

1. When backing up a profile, I always get a critical error (red cross) messagebox with title "Backup Failed" and an empty message area. Furthermore, the Log screen leaves a blank line between each consecutive message and says "Profile Save Error". Nevertheless, the backup appears to work and I'm able to restore the users.

2. In User Manager, the properties are not left aligned correctly. I am seeing the "password" and "simultaneous logins" fields left indented further by about approx 1 character space when compared to the checkboxes. Is this by design?

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Sun May 21, 2006 10:26 am

Eh, not sure how that happened. I think I was "optimizing" the routines before I released it and failed to test the final version. No excuse for that one. The backup actually succeeds, but the error checking routine displays the error message. Simple case of "if (succeeded)" should have been if(!succeeded)" for the logic to be correct.

#2 was known, I guess I just didn't see any reason to change it. It's always been that way. I'll play with aligning it with the rest of the checkboxes to see if it looks better.

BTW, I moved this post to the BETA "Report a bug" forum.

Thanks.