Use system default browser instead of IE?

Think you've found a bug in a BETA version of Cerberus FTP Server? Post a description here.
voor
New User

Use system default browser instead of IE?

Post by voor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 pm

This is rather minor, but can Cerberus be made to launch the system default browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) instead of being hardcoded to launch Internet Explorer? I'm running 3.0b12, and when I click on the web links for "Visit the Official Homepage" and "The Cerberus FTP Server Forum" in Cerberus' About box, it launches IE to load those pages, even though Firefox is my default browser.

Serin
Site Administrator

Re: Use system default browser instead of IE?

Post by Serin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:24 pm

That's odd. Cerberus uses the default browser and is not hard coded to use ie anywhere.

voor
New User

Post by voor » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:44 am

That is strange indeed. I just tried running XnView and choosing "Visit XnView's Web Site" under the Info menu, and it launched the page in Firefox. But when I tried Cerberus again, it fired up IE. Does it do that on your system too? Can someone else try this and see which browser is activated?

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:16 pm

I tend to use Firefox and Cerberus launches Firefox when I click on a link.

voor
New User

Post by voor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Same here - I use Firefox only and not IE. But even though I have Firefox already open, clicking on "Visit the Official Homepage" in Cerberus launches IE and brings me to that page.