Connecting to localhost

Questions dealing with specific FTP clients and Cerberus FTP Server.
Zain
New User

Connecting to localhost

Post by Zain » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:02 am

Hi, I need to know how to create a username and password to login to my localhost. I've been to the apache server and they said apacha has nothing to do with an FTP Server so I came here. Under Configuration>User Manager I have 2 accounts, annoyamous and Admin both set to the same permissions and passwords. I am guessing that is how I create a username and password? if not please let me know how. Once I get my hands on the username and password, I need to login. ft://192.168.0.100/ I get the error, every one gets .... hmmmmmmmmm Right this second i just tried ftp://127.0.0.1/ and the log on thing came up but i tried the Admin and annoymous login, didn't work. As for the ftp server it's online and when I hit hit enter on the ftp://127.0.0.1/ i see that the server only tries to login with the annoymous password. Can anyone help me ? :(

Tornado
Senior User

Post by Tornado » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:46 pm

If you are using a web browser to connect, try the following syntax

ftp://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>

Zain
New User

Post by Zain » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:01 pm

I tried your method with 2 different IP's that go to localhost and the 2 different usernames which are on Cerberus (Admin and Anonymous). On the bottom right hand corner both logins were succeful but on the ftp browser I got an error saying: Make sure you have permission accessing this folder. (the same error everyone gets). So, my question is .. how will i connect to localhost when I don't have a username and password setup on my apache server. I tried the apache forum they said it's all with the FTP. So I have no idea. Someone please help me !

molk
Senior User

Post by molk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:38 pm

You cant address 127.0.0.1. You have to address local ip 192.168.xxx.xxx or wan ip.
ftp://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>/

Zain
New User

Post by Zain » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:18 pm

Hm okay problem occurance. When I type in my ip on my browser the page doesnt display, and it's supposed to load to localhost where my directory is. It stopped doing that for some reason ... And when i try to enter my ip in the FTP server it says its unble to intialize interface 67.162.28.168. So now I guess that's my problem. Any suggestions on IP ? I tried pinging it, it works perfectly fine.