how to export a certificate (.crt) from Cerberus FTP server

Questions dealing with specific FTP clients and Cerberus FTP Server.
jsha
New User

how to export a certificate (.crt) from Cerberus FTP server

Post by jsha » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Good Evening,

We have a Cerberus FTP server. Most ftp clients will get a certificate when they first conntect to the ftp server. But sometimes clients need us to export a certificate and send it to them.

I checked the server settings and can find a .pem certificate. Can I export a .crt certificate. How can I do that?

Thank you very much!

John

Serin
Site Administrator

Re: how to export a certificate (.crt) from Cerberus FTP ser

Post by Serin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 pm

The .pem and .crt certificate are the same format. You can rename the .pem to CRT.

However, you generally would not send a public SSL certificate to a client. Especially if this is a signed SSL certificate from a 3rd party. It isn't a security issue (assuming you only send the public certificate), but there's no reason to do it. People don't normally share SSL public certificates. The SSL public key and third party signing scheme make this unnecessary.

Are your clients really looking for your server's SSH public key for SFTP? SSH SFTP is where you would normally share the server's public key with a client before they connect for the first time.

An SSH public key is a subset of the SSL certificate. You can export the server's SSH public key from the Tools menu. The two most popular formats are supported.

jsha
New User

Re: how to export a certificate (.crt) from Cerberus FTP ser

Post by jsha » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 am

Good Morning Serin,

Thank you very much for the information.

Best Regards,

John