Page 1 of 1
FTPS client certificate
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:56 pm
I am trying to make client side certificate work with FTPS but found very little information on the website, I can generate server certificate in Cerberus server, how can I generate client side certificate?
Another thing, can anyone confirm that winscp working with FTPS?
Re: FTPS client certificate
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 am
Cerberus cannot generate client certificates for you.
You will need to setup your own CA using something like OpenSSL.
Your custom CA would generate and sign your server certificate, and would also generate and sign all client certificates. The CA would have it's own certificate that you would assign as the CA file on the Security page in Cerberus FTP Server.
The general steps are below:
1. Setup a Certificate Authority (CA) with OpenSSL or similar tool.
2. Create a CA certificate.
3. Generate a server certificate and private key for Cerberus FTP Server and sign the server certificate with your CA certificate.
4. Assign the server certificate and private key to Cerberus on the Security page of the Server Manager.
5. Assign the CA certificate as the CA File on the Security page in Cerberus.
6. Using your CA, generate client certificates for your FTPS clients.
Yes, WinSCP works fine with FTPS. You do not need client certificates for FTPS to work.