Strange numbers in front of directory names under Windows 98

General help on how to use Cerberus. Questions on how a particular feature works, how to use feature x with feature y... Please read the "How to use this forum" article before posting.
fred_mc

Strange numbers in front of directory names under Windows 98

Post by fred_mc » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:31 pm

I have noticed that when I run Cerberus under Windows 98 and I or somebody else tries to connect to the FTP server using IE6, IE6 adds numbers in front of each directory name. For example, if a directory is named "Maindirectory", IE6 calls it "34064 Maindirectory" and of course when double clicking that directory in IE6, there is a message that the path does not exist unless I manually correct the name in the address field in IE6. When I run Cerberus under Windows XP, I don't get this problem. The directories have correct names when connecting to the server with IE6. Does anybody have an idea why this problem occurs and how it can be solved?

Serin
Site Administrator

Post by Serin » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:13 am

Hello,

This problem only seems to occur on Windows 98. The directory parsing routines they use are not very robust. Try changing the Directory Listing Time Format under the Miscellaneous tab of the Server Manager.

fred_mc

Post by fred_mc » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:04 pm

Thank you. That helped. :D