Cerberus FTP Server Professional is able to authenticate users against LDAP directory services. The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, or LDAP, is an application protocol for querying and modifying directory services running over TCP/IP.
Administrators can easily integrate Cerberus and LDAP or LDAPS (Secure LDAP). All you need are a few parameters describing the LDAP service.
What do I need to use LDAP Authentication?
An LDAP service and some information about the server hosting the LDAP service:
- host is the FQDN or IP address of the LDAP server to search.
- port is the network port of the LDAP server.
- DN is the distinguished name to use as the search base.
- user DN is the FDN of an account with read privileges to the LDAP server
- user name attribute is the name of the uid attribute for a user in the directory.
Setting up Active Directory Authentication
Cerberus FTP Server can authenticate against any LDAP-compliant directory server. We have detailed setup instruction for configuring LDAP authentication in Cerberus FTP Server.