Cerberus FTP Server Professional and Enterprise editions able to authenticate users against LDAP directory services.
Administrators can easily integrate Cerberus and LDAP or LDAPS (Secure LDAP). All you need are a few LDAP connection parameters and you can quickly authenticate and authorize your users for file transfer access.
What do I need to use LDAP Authentication?
An LDAP service and some information about the server hosting the LDAP service:
- host is the FQDN or IP address of the LDAP server to search.
- port is the network port of the LDAP server.
- DN is the distinguished name to use as the search base.
- user DN is the FDN of an account with read privileges to the LDAP server
- user name attribute is the name of the uid attribute for a user in the directory.
Setting up Active Directory Authentication
Cerberus FTP Server can authenticate against any LDAP-compliant directory server. We have detailed setup instruction for configuring LDAP authentication in Cerberus FTP Server.