Close all other programs (recommended) before installing Cerberus FTP Server and make sure that you install it logged in as Administrator or a member of the Administrators group if you are installing it on a Windows Server system.
- Download the latest version of Cerberus FTP Server from our downloads page.
- Double click or run the CerberusInstall.exe self-extracting installer. If you are prompted that an “Unidentified Program wants to access your computer” click “Allow”. Clicking “Allow” will give the Cerberus FTP Server Installer Administrator privileges to install (required on most operating systems).
- You will see the “Welcome to the Cerberus FTP Server Setup” screen. Click Next.
- Agree to the licensing agreement to continue. Select the “I agree” button and click Next.
- Select an installation folder. Or keep the default path. Click Next.
- Confirm your settings and click Next to complete the install.
- Click Finish.
For a more detailed walkthrough of the installation and setup process, check out our setup tutorial.