The Report Manager
Generating a Report
Administrators can use the statistics and reporting feature in Cerberus FTP Server Enterprise edition to generate detailed reports of client activity based on user names, dates ranges, and file access. In addition to client activity, the administrator can also generate native account reports indicating account creation and last login dates.
Reports are displayed in tables in the Report Manager, but each report also has a button to export the report data as a CSV file.
NOTE: Using the Report Manager requires that a report database be configured.
An administrator can generate three types of reports:
- Login Sessions
- File Access
- User Account Status
File Access Reports
File access reporting can by filtered by file name, date and time, and user name. The file reports contain important information about a file transfer, including:
- The full local path of the file
- The type of file operation performed on the file (upload, download, rename, delete, copy)
- The user that accessed the file
- The IP address the user accessed the file from
- The date and time the access occurred
- The protocol used to access the file (FTP, FTPS, SSH SFTP, HTTP, or HTTPS)
- The type of encryption used, if any, to perform the file operation
The administrator can also use the Include feature to decide what type of file activity to include in the report (downloads, uploads, file renames/moves, public file shares, etc.).