Cerberus FTP Server
Commercial use of any version of Cerberus FTP Server requires buying a license via subscription. A single license subscription entitles a user to install Cerberus FTP Server on one machine. Each license includes technical support and product updates for the duration of your subscription.
Cerberus is a Redwood product. The Redwood Master Services Agreement governs the attainment and use of any Redwood products and services.
How Do I Purchase and Activate My License?
- Purchase a specific edition of Cerberus FTP Server
- Check your email for your license code
- Enter your license code via these steps to turn the trial version of Cerberus FTP Server into a fully licensed version of your purchased edition (no new installation is necessary).
Do You Offer Non-Production Licenses?
Yes. You may purchase licenses for backup, staging, testing, disaster recovery and other installations at a 50% discount during the checkout process. Enterprise Plus edition users will receive one non-production license included with each production license subscription.
How Does Licensing Work for Virtual Machines?
If multiple virtual computers are running on a single computer, we require each virtual computer to have a distinct, valid license.
Can I Upgrade to a Different Edition?
Yes! To upgrade to a higher edition, visit this page.
For updates (moving to a new version of your existing edition), you will not need to request a new license key.
What Support Does My License Subscription Include?
Each edition’s subscription license includes support for the duration of your subscription:
- Professional Edition: Unlimited phone and email support during business hours
- Enterprise Edition: Unlimited phone and email support during business hours
- Enterprise Plus Edition: 24/7/365 Severity 1 Support. Unlimited phone and email support during business hours
Additional support needs can be discussed by contacting our sales team.
How Does My License Renew?
- For existing subscriptions, you’ll receive a notification about 30 days before expiration with information on your renewal. It is important to renew before expiration to avoid disrupting your access to Cerberus. Once you’ve completed the purchase, a new license key will be emailed to extend the subscription term.
- For legacy perpetual licenses (purchased before April 10, 2023), you’ll receive a notification about 30 days before expiration with information on your renewal into our subscription offering. If you allow your legacy perpetual license to expire, you’ll lose access to product updates and technical support.
Will Cerberus FTP Server Stop Working if I Don’t Renew My License Subscription?
Yes. If you are on a subscription product and do not renew the subscription before the end of your license key expiration, you will lose access to Cerberus FTP Server.
How Do I Renew an Expired License Subscription?
You can renew your expired perpetual license into a Cerberus FTP Server subscription anytime. If you already have access to a renewal link, please use this to transact your renewal. If you do not have a link or need a quote for renewal, please send us a quote request, and we will walk you through the renewal process.
For new or renewal subscription questions, please contact our sales team
Explore what Cerberus FTP Server can do for you
- 25 Day Free Trial
- No Credit Card Required
- Up and running in less than 15 mins