Cerberus FTP Server
File Transfer Protocols
Features > Protocols
Cerberus FTP Server supports all major file-transfer protocols, allowing simultaneous FTP/S, SCP, SFTP, and HTTP/S protocols to operate on a single IP address.
Use Multiple Protocols on a Single IP Address
Define Protocols by Client, Group or User
Which File Transfer Protocols Does Cerberus FTP Server Support?
- FTPS and FTP Server: FTP with explicit SSL/TLS encryption (FTPES) and implicit SSL/TLS (FTPS), as well as plain FTP
- SFTP Server: Cerberus FTP Server supports the SSH2 File Transfer Protocol (also known as SFTP). Administrators can also allow clients to use public key authentication for SFTP connections.
- HTTPS web client: Cerberus’s HTTP/S web client capability allows any user with access to a desktop or mobile web browser to easily connect to the server to perform file operations (uploading, downloading, deleting, renaming, creating directories, and zipping and unzipping files and directories).
- Web File Transfer via Public/Ad Hoc/Person-to-Person File Sharing: Cerberus FTP Server’s ad-hoc file transfer support allows a user to share unique, time-limited, public links to specific files or folders with any public user.
- SCP: Cerberus supports the Secure Copy Protocol, a simple secure file transfer protocol that supports basic file uploads and downloads on some legacy devices. SCP now supports downloads with wildcards in the filename.
Cerberus FTP Server Transfer Protocol Features
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server Editions
- FTP/S Server
- SOAP control API
- IP auto-banning
- User groups
- Web administration
- Virtual directories
$499 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- SFTP server
- AD/LDAP integration
- Public key authentication
- Client certificate verification
- Server replication
$899 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- MFT server
- HTTPS web client
- Event automation
- Email alerts
- File retention policies
- Ad-hoc sharing
$2,199 | 1 Yr Maintenance
Raved and Reviewed
Here’s what a few of our many satisfied customers have to say about Cerberus FTP Server.
“Our users have found Cerberus to be straightforward. We have handled many service tickets over the past three years, and Cerberus has had the least number of issues, by far.”
“We’ve been using Cerberus for at least five years, and it’s been awesome. Everything’s been very simple and easy, and we haven’t come across any limitations. It always just seems to work.”
“It’s not designed to be complicated, and it doesn’t need to be managed. I can hire someone new and they can be up to speed in minutes. Everyone on the team loves it.”
For many administrators looking to save time by automating critical recurring data tasks, a Managed File Transfer (or MFT) software is their solution of choice. These file transfer solutions typically replace a large number of single-purpose data transfer tools with a...
As part of our continuous effort to pursue security best practices, Cerberus FTP Server now issues a security warning when FTP and FTPS listeners do not enforce session reuse. Once upgraded to version 12.7, running Cerberus FTP Server with FTP or FTPS listeners that...
Cerberus FTP Server 12.7 now supports “Forgot your password?” password reset for accounts with Two Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled. What’s Changing? Prior to 12.7, accounts with 2FA enabled were simply not allowed to use the “forgotten password” reset. Following...