Features > Protocols
Cerberus FTP Server
File Transfer Protocols
Cerberus FTP Server supports all major file-transfer protocols, allowing simultaneous FTP/S, SCP, SFTP, and HTTP/S protocols to operate on a single IP address.
Use Multiple Protocols on a Single IP Address
Define Protocols by Client, Group or User
Which File Transfer Protocols Does Cerberus FTP Server Support?
- FTPS and FTP Server: FTP with explicit SSL/TLS encryption (FTPES) and implicit SSL/TLS (FTPS), as well as plain FTP
- SFTP Server: Cerberus FTP Server supports the SSH2 File Transfer Protocol (also known as SFTP). Administrators can also allow clients to use public key authentication for SFTP connections.
- HTTPS web client: Cerberus’s HTTP/S web client capability allows any user with access to a desktop or mobile web browser to easily connect to the server to perform file operations (uploading, downloading, deleting, renaming, creating directories, and zipping and unzipping files and directories).
- Web File Transfer via Public/Ad Hoc/Person-to-Person File Sharing: Cerberus FTP Server’s ad-hoc file transfer support allows a user to share unique, time-limited, public links to specific files or folders with any public user.
- SCP: Cerberus supports the Secure Copy Protocol, a simple secure file transfer protocol that supports basic file uploads and downloads on some legacy devices. SCP now supports downloads with wildcards in the filename.
Cerberus FTP Server Transfer Protocol Features
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server Editions
- FTP/S Server
- SOAP control API
- IP auto-banning
- User groups
- Web administration
- Virtual directories
$499 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- SFTP server
- AD/LDAP integration
- Public key authentication
- Client certificate verification
- Server replication
$899 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- MFT server
- HTTPS web client
- Event automation
- Email alerts
- File retention policies
- Ad-hoc sharing
$2,199 | 1 Yr Maintenance
Raved and Reviewed
Here’s what a few of our many satisfied customers have to say about Cerberus FTP Server.
“Our users have found Cerberus to be straightforward. We have handled many service tickets over the past three years, and Cerberus has had the least number of issues, by far.”
“We’ve been using Cerberus for at least five years, and it’s been awesome. Everything’s been very simple and easy, and we haven’t come across any limitations. It always just seems to work.”
“It’s not designed to be complicated, and it doesn’t need to be managed. I can hire someone new and they can be up to speed in minutes. Everyone on the team loves it.”
Cerberus FTP Server 12.11 Auto Delete Files of a Public Share on Expiration
Starting with version 12.11now has the ability for a user to delete the contents of a public share when the share itself has expired. There is an additional feature for both the Web Administration and the Web Client to be able to delete the contents of a public share...
Automate Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Backup Using SFTP
In the new era of hybrid and remote work, Cisco Unified Computing System Manager (UCSM) and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) have become even more critical administrative tools. The top two topics that the Cerberus support team receives regarding UCSM and...
On-Premise vs. Cloud: What’s the Best Option for a File Transfer Server?
Secure file transfer has come a long way from its creation in the 1970s, and its latest evolution has seen a shift towards cloud-based file transfer. But are cloud-hosted file servers better options than on-premise file servers? Each file server hosting method has its...