Full IPv6 Support
What are the Advantages of an On-Premise Windows File Transfer Server?
While cloud file sharing certainly has its place, an on-premise Windows file transfer server offers the greatest control over your data, system configuration, and resource consumption. A few advantages of this configuration include:
- Minimal Security Footprint: ports, server roles and features can all be tightly controlled and defined to minimize your attack surface
- Lean Operational Requirements: you have full control over your file transfer server’s memory usage, file system, and resource management with an on-premise Windows server
You can learn more about optimizing Windows server for SFTP in this blog post.
What are Cerberus FTP Server’s System Requirements?
- 1GHz x64 processor (2 GHz or better recommended)
- 8 GB or higher is strongly recommended
- WXGA (1280 x 768) or higher-resolution monitor
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 and R2
- The latest Service Packs for your operating system and at least IE 9 or above are required in all cases.
- Version 12.0 and higher can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems and uses the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime instead of IE.
For more information, review our “Getting Started” walkthrough.
Cerberus FTP Server Environment Features
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server Editions
Secure file transfer server for Windows
- FTP, FTPS, SFTP & SCP
- IP access controls
- Groups & virtual directories
- Web admin & SOAP API
- AD/LDAP integration
- FIPS 140-2 encryption
- Server replication
- Phone & email support
$999 / year
Enhanced automation & security
- All Professional features
- HTTP/S web client
- Azure AD SSO support
- Event automation & alerts
- File retention policies
- Ad hoc file sharing
- Advanced stats & reporting
- Phone & email support
$2,499 / year
Mission-critical performance & support
- All Enterprise features
- Scalable global solution
- 24/7/365 severity 1 support
- Rogue transfer detection
- Performance testing
- Automated network scanning
- Upgrade & migration support
- DR, test & dev licenses
$4,999 / year
Raved and Reviewed
Here’s what a few of our many satisfied customers have to say about Cerberus FTP Server.
“Our users have found Cerberus to be straightforward. We have handled many service tickets over the past three years, and Cerberus has had the least number of issues, by far.”
“We’ve been using Cerberus for at least five years, and it’s been awesome. Everything’s been very simple and easy, and we haven’t come across any limitations. It always just seems to work.”
“It’s not designed to be complicated, and it doesn’t need to be managed. I can hire someone new and they can be up to speed in minutes. Everyone on the team loves it.”
Companies are a favorite target of today’s hackers, and one of the most common threat vectors is an organization’s file transfer system. To help you protect your business, we’ve put together these eight essential tips for securing an FTP or SFTP server. 1. Use strong...
In the new era of hybrid and remote work, Cisco Unified Computing System Manager (UCSM) and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) have become even more critical administrative tools. The top two topics that the Cerberus support team receives regarding UCSM and...
The typical system administrator manages over 20 devices, and when it comes to network infrastructure there’s a good chance that those devices are made by Cisco. This ubiquity makes Cisco software and firmware updates a multi-day chore for many admins, and the volume...