Cerberus FTP Server
Features > Environment
Full IPv6 Support
What are the Advantages of an On-Premise Windows File Transfer Server?
While cloud file sharing certainly has its place, an on-premise Windows file transfer server offers the greatest control over your data, system configuration, and resource consumption. A few advantages of this configuration include:
- Minimal Security Footprint: ports, server roles and features can all be tightly controlled and defined to minimize your attack surface
- Lean Operational Requirements: you have full control over your file transfer server’s memory usage, file system, and resource management with an on-premise Windows server
You can learn more about optimizing Windows server for SFTP in this blog post.
What are Cerberus FTP Server’s System Requirements?
- 1GHz x64 processor (2 GHz or better recommended)
- 8 GB or higher is strongly recommended
- WXGA (1280 x 768) or higher-resolution monitor
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 and R2
- The latest Service Packs for your operating system and at least IE 9 or above are required in all cases.
- Version 12.0 and higher can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems and uses the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime instead of IE.
For more information, review our “Getting Started” walkthrough.
Cerberus FTP Server Environment Features
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server Editions
- FTP/S Server
- SOAP control API
- IP auto-banning
- User groups
- Web administration
- Virtual directories
$499 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- SFTP server
- AD/LDAP integration
- Public key authentication
- Client certificate verification
- Server replication
$899 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- MFT server
- HTTPS web client
- Event automation
- Email alerts
- File retention policies
- Ad-hoc sharing
$2,199 | 1 Yr Maintenance
Raved and Reviewed
Here’s what a few of our many satisfied customers have to say about Cerberus FTP Server.
“Our users have found Cerberus to be straightforward. We have handled many service tickets over the past three years, and Cerberus has had the least number of issues, by far.”
“We’ve been using Cerberus for at least five years, and it’s been awesome. Everything’s been very simple and easy, and we haven’t come across any limitations. It always just seems to work.”
“It’s not designed to be complicated, and it doesn’t need to be managed. I can hire someone new and they can be up to speed in minutes. Everyone on the team loves it.”
Starting in version 12.5, Cerberus FTP Server supports two-factor authentication for user and client log-ins on our server and web client. This guide will cover the most frequent questions regarding using and implementing 2FA with Cerberus. What is Two-Factor...
We’ve introduced several new features in 12.9 to make working with user and group SSH public keys easier. You can upload and edit user and group SSH public keys through the admin interface.
As part of our continuous effort to pursue security best practices, Cerberus FTP Server now issues a security warning when a RSA public key uses a weak, FIPS-invalid exponent. Once Cerberus moves to OpenSSL 3, if you have FIPS enabled and you have SFTP users with RSA...