Features > Environment
Cerberus FTP Server
Fully optimized for Windows Server, Cerberus FTP Server also supports cloud and hybrid computing environments.
- On-Premise File Transfer (optimized for Windows Server)
- Cloud File Transfer
- HTTPS Transfer Client
- Ad Hoc/Public File Transfer
- IPv6 Support
Full IPv6 Support
What are the Advantages of an On-Premise Windows File Transfer Server?
While cloud file sharing certainly has its place, an on-premise Windows file transfer server offers the greatest control over your data, system configuration, and resource consumption. A few advantages of this configuration include:
- Minimal Security Footprint: ports, server roles and features can all be tightly controlled and defined to minimize your attack surface
- Lean Operational Requirements: you have full control over your file transfer server’s memory usage, file system, and resource management with an on-premise Windows server
You can learn more about optimizing Windows server for SFTP in this blog post.
What are Cerberus FTP Server’s System Requirements?
- 1GHz x64 processor (2 GHz or better recommended)
- 8 GB or higher is strongly recommended
- WXGA (1280 x 768) or higher-resolution monitor
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 and R2
- The latest Service Packs for your operating system and at least IE 9 or above are required in all cases.
- Version 12.0 and higher can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems and uses the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime instead of IE.
For more information, review our “Getting Started” walkthrough.
Cerberus FTP Server Environment Features
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server Editions
- FTP/S Server
- SOAP control API
- IP auto-banning
- User groups
- Web administration
- Virtual directories
$499 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- SFTP server
- AD/LDAP integration
- Public key authentication
- Client certificate verification
- Server replication
$899 | 1 Yr Maintenance
- MFT server
- HTTPS web client
- Event automation
- Email alerts
- File retention policies
- Ad-hoc sharing
$2,199 | 1 Yr Maintenance
Raved and Reviewed
Here’s what a few of our many satisfied customers have to say about Cerberus FTP Server.
“Our users have found Cerberus to be straightforward. We have handled many service tickets over the past three years, and Cerberus has had the least number of issues, by far.”
“We’ve been using Cerberus for at least five years, and it’s been awesome. Everything’s been very simple and easy, and we haven’t come across any limitations. It always just seems to work.”
“It’s not designed to be complicated, and it doesn’t need to be managed. I can hire someone new and they can be up to speed in minutes. Everyone on the team loves it.”
Cerberus FTP Server 12.11 Auto Delete Files of a Public Share on Expiration
Starting with version 12.11now has the ability for a user to delete the contents of a public share when the share itself has expired. There is an additional feature for both the Web Administration and the Web Client to be able to delete the contents of a public share...
Automate Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Backup Using SFTP
In the new era of hybrid and remote work, Cisco Unified Computing System Manager (UCSM) and Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) have become even more critical administrative tools. The top two topics that the Cerberus support team receives regarding UCSM and...
On-Premise vs. Cloud: What’s the Best Option for a File Transfer Server?
Secure file transfer has come a long way from its creation in the 1970s, and its latest evolution has seen a shift towards cloud-based file transfer. But are cloud-hosted file servers better options than on-premise file servers? Each file server hosting method has its...