Cerberus FTP Server can be configured to require clients to verify themselves using digital certificates for SSL/TLS connections. When given a Certificate Authority (CA) certificate list, Cerberus will verify that the client certificate is signed and valid for the given Certificate Authorities. Any FTPS or HTTPS connection attempts without a valid certificate will be denied when this option is selected.
For FTPS, FTPES & HTTPS Connections
Added Layer of Authentication Security
Additional Certificate Verification Options
- Certificate Revocation Lists: If the administrator specifies a CRL file, Cerberus will check the CRL file to make sure that the client certificate hasn’t been revoked.
- Post-Verification Client Certificate Checking: Cerberus can be configured to require the certificate Common Name (CN) to match the user’s username. If this option is enabled, and the client common name does not match the user’s username, then the connection request will be denied.
Creating Digital Certificates for Clients
Several tools for creating digital certificates currently exist. The OpenSSL command line tool provides a configurable option for generating SSL certificates that can be used for client certificate authentication.
Client Certificate Verification Resources:
Try Cerberus FTP Server free for 25 days
- Live US-based phone & email support
- Bulletproof reliability
- Built for complete data control
- Trouble-free enterprise deployment
Full Feature List
Cerberus FTP Server supports a wide range of industry and professional needs. Enhance data security, streamline operations, and ensure compliance with regulations.
Government FIPS Compliance
Healthcare & HIPAA
Law & Legal
Uncompromising Commitment To Customer Satisfaction
4.8 / 5
4.8 / 5
4.8 / 5
Recognized as an industry-leading secure FTP server
Trusted by Companies Like Yours
Uncompromising Customer Satisfaction
What’s the Best File Transfer Method for Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Backups and Firmware Updates?
One of the most common applications for SFTP Servers is updating and backing up devices and endpoints controlled by either Cisco Unified Computing System Manager (UCSM) or Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). And because of Cisco’s ubiquity in the market,...
One Time Password (OTP) secured public file sharing is now available in Cerberus FTP Server 13.2. With this release, users have the ability to restrict and track access of public file shares from the web-client with a new security option that restricts access to the...
Encrypted file transfer in a solution like Cerberus FTP Server is simple to implement, but with a number of encryption and cipher options available, it can be helpful to understand exactly how your data is secured. Today, we’ll review the Advanced Encryption Standard...
Explore what Cerberus FTP Server can do for you
- 25 Day Free Trial
- No Credit Card Required
- Up and running in less than 15 mins